I struggled to think about what would be a good first post for the site, and decided that you can't go wrong with recommending great reads. Below is a list of books that are excellent resources for anyone raising a daughter or who teaches young girls. These books range from research about best practices and development, to self help books for teen girls, to books that just have a girl as the protagonist. With a few weeks left of summer, go ahead and add a book or two or three to your summer reading list!
In no particular order...
1. Letter to My Daughter by Dr. Maya Angelou
2. How Girls Thrive by JoAnn Deak
3. Girls and Sex by Peggy Orenstein
4. Enough As She Is by Rachel Simmons
5. Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny by Hill Harper
6. Don't Give it Away by Iyanla Vanzant
7. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
8. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
9. Girls Will Be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters by JoAnn Deak
10. Respect: A Girl's Guide to Getting Respect & Dealing When Your Line Is Crossed by Courtney Macavinta
11. Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman
12. She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton